Thursday, February 4, 2010

Matthew 4:12-25 Part III - Jesus heals the sick



The third part is the part where most people who think of coming to Jesus look at, Jesus as a healer, healing the sick. It gives me great pain to see how we are so centred to the physical word. Any sickness, any pain has the potential to break us down. The Bible says that the root of all sickness and death is sin. Jesus came to cut that root – sin. However, most of us look upto Him only as a Healer of the body and not the soul. I have a testimony to present before you and praise God that I am here to share this with you.
I was born in a Christian family and I am really blessed with godly parents who not only took care of passing on the Bible stories but also Christianity as a lifestyle. They used to tell us that Christianity is not a heredity passed on from generation to generation. Rather it is your personal relationship with the creator. I was religious but that did not mean that I let God decide things for me or depend on Him until I gave my life to Christ on the 2nd of February 2004 when I was completely broken down by the problems in family and questions in my own life. It was during an incident shortly after this that God promised me that He has taken away all my sicknesses. And praise God because I have never fallen sick since then.
When you let God take complete control of your life and you put your trust in Him, He will never fail you. Of course, He can heal the sick but why not be healed from all sicknesses forever when He is ready to give you beyond measures.
The choice is always yours. Our God is a loving Father; he will never force Himself on you. You ought to say YES to Him.
Let’s pray:
Loving Jesus, your love is so great that it is impossible to fathom its depth. I believe and I know that you are interested in me and my life. Till today I have struggled to get a good life. Today I come before you with a repentant heart. I am sorry for all the times I have sinned against you. I know that you are the source of all good things. I offer my life to you. Lord, take my life and fill it with happiness, peace, contentment, holiness and all good things. Lord, take away all my sins and weaknesses and fill me with your strength that I can live for you. In your precious and mighty name I pray, AMEN.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Smita, You have a very nice blog here! You may also appreciate the many testimonies of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ at http://wetestifyofchrist.blogspot.com. God bless.

    ReplyDelete